OECD has released a white paperwhich examines the problems with current data discoverability and citations and the remedy in creating industry standards for bibliographic dataset metadata and linking.
Written by Toby Green, Head of Publishing at OECD and an expert in data publishing, the paper details the problems with user ability to locate and reference online data. Datasets are a significant part of the scholarly record and being published much more frequently but with widely inconsistent metadata, links and citations.
Green, T (2009), “We Need Publishing Standards for
Datasets and Data Tables”, OECD Publishing White Paper,
UCD Library News
Monday, April 20, 2009
- ► 2010 (33)
- UCD repository reaches 1,000 items
- Get arXiv postings on your iPhone or iPod touch
- Open Access briefing paper
- Access to world-wide knowledge in informatics, 1 m...
- We Need Publishing Standards for Datasets and Data...
- Announcing New Cognitive Science Network, Social S...
- Welcome to the International Repositories Infrastr...
- Dramatic Growth of Open Access 2009
- ▼ April (8)